Wednesday 18 April 2012

#224: Gardening Guilt


The garden is calling to me.

It knows that I am retired and that I could be out in the yard for a spring clean-up if I really cared.  Conditions have been ideal, too. We have had some lovely weather, perfect for yard work, so why aren’t I lopping off dead grasses, raking the flower beds, pulling up weeds, attacking dandelions and generally making everything look tidy and cared for?

It is because I am too busy!  I simply don’t have the time right now, and besides that, I have never, ever begun spring gardening until after Volunteer Week.  So, technically, I still have 4 days in which to slack off.

Hear this, Yard:  I simply can’t visit you until next week, so relax. Take it easy -- sow some wild oats. We'll get together, I promise.  I'm retired, remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment