Saturday 7 April 2012

#213: No-Brainer

It is nice to have finally completed 40 posts for The Reluctant Retiree Abroad.  That pretty well wraps up my 6 week trip to New Zealand.

Now that I have loaded the last picture I realize that I would never have created a travel blog had I not been retired.  For one thing, picture loading proved to be quite time consuming.  I suspect that Blogspot may not be the best program for this sort of thing, but the point is, I had the time.

For that matter, I could never have escaped for 6 weeks holiday while working!  And it was such a rewarding trip even though the weather was very iffy for most of the time we were away.  (I understand that it has shaped up a lot since we came home.  Isn't that always the way?)

So, yes, the opportunity to travel sweetens retirement considerably. It might even be the best thing about my new status.   


No comments:

Post a Comment