Saturday 31 December 2011

#164: Book Group Slug

Confession time: my book group is on Tuesday and I still have 200 pages to read. 

Shouldn’t a retired librarian who recommended the darn book in the first place have made more effort?  What’s worse, I didn’t read our December book at all!  I went to the meeting regardless, and no-one seemed to mind, but I’m not sure I can pull that trick again.

On the bright side, I can make the time to power read, and I am really enjoying The Sea Captain’s Wife by Beth Powning. It was a great choice. I would probably be gulping it down 50 pages at a time even if I didn’t have a deadline. 

I hope I get it finished.  I would hate to abandon pregnant Azuba on her husband's clipper ship in the middle of the ocean just as she discovers they have been cheated of supplies. 

What if it is New Year’s Eve.....I have "work" to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment