Saturday 3 December 2011

#137: ZZZZZZZZZZ

I like to ask retired folk what they like best about not working, and sleeping in comes high on everyone's list. I even had a volunteer last year who told me that since retiring from a job that required a long commute and an early start,  I shouldn't count on her for anything before 11 a.m.

I'm energetic long before 11, but I do find that I am no longer rising at 7.  Without the alarm clock imperative,  it just feels right to listen to one's body and mine tells me that 7:30 is good enough.

But not today.  Today I worked a morning shift at one of our branches, so I was up early and on the road by 9. It was OK.  I didn't mind it but only because I don't have to do it again until next Saturday.

I am beginning to think that a lot of working people must be sleep deprived.

    

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a wise observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I was chronically sleep-deprived when Al was still working. Being able to sleep longer when I need to has offset the effects of being a year older, and a year less efficient.

    ReplyDelete